Search This Blog

Monday, September 21, 2009

Papa Jay sets Sail

My dear Papa Jay, my father-in-law

passed away on the blessed day of Easter Sunday.

God chose a sacred day for a special man.

As Jesus rose from the dead along time ago,

Papa also rose from his bed up to the Heavens.



Since April 2000, I had been carrying a cross of sadness and grief

my dear Papa’s death left me with the feeling of great loss.

In the depths of my weakened heart,

I buried my sorrow

for the absence of his physical body

at the counter eating his daily meals

or watching TV in his recliner chair.

The absence of hearing his boisterous voice

preparing to harass me and expect a gentle, fun retaliation.

The absence of his animated energy and desire to have pure fun!



These intense, upsetting emotions were never felt or expressed

until, a caring, loving gentleman suggested to read

a chapter in his book, called, “Tall Ships”.

Trusting his words, I opened up the book and soon found

it was about the loss of his Uncle Bill

I wept and wept more.



As my mournful filled tears soaked the pages,

I questioned my sadness.

Was it for the death of Uncle Bill

or was it for my own personal loss?

I knew a lesson, a transformation would occur

and a profound awareness did transpire.


We all have our special time with other human beings.

We meet, we experience

We love

We embrace the miraculous connection with another.



Inevitably, we must all discard out physical bodies

and move onto to another realm of existence.

Although, it is the most difficult position to be in

there are the loved ones who are left on Earth.

These living and breathing beings

need to remember that we have sacred memories imprinted in our minds.


God blessed us with the gift of Life.

Our time is limited

and we must

live, love and appreciate

each New Day.

Celebrate and embrace

each New sunrise

and give thanks

for each sunset.



So, I have learned that although Papa Jays’ body is gone

His memory lives in, around and through me.

As Uncle Bill is sailing his Tall Ship with God

so is my Dear sweet Papa Jay.

I pray for God’s vision to enlighten me

to see Papa Jay enjoying the warm breeze and bright sun.


By,

Monica Ibarra-Robbins

03/29/05

No comments:

Post a Comment